Container Trucking Specialist
Drive and Operate the Prime Mover Safely and Proficiently in PSA’s Container Terminals.
1) Compulsory Qualification:
- A pass in PSLE English or ESS Level 4 in Literacy (Reading and Listening) and Numeracy or required to pass an English Assessment Test conducted by PSA Institute.
- A Singapore Driving License Class 3 equivalent and above
- Physically fit and not colour blind
- Age between 18 and not exceeding statutory retirement age and subject to annual medical review after the age of 65.
2) Compulsory training:
I. ISC in Prime Mover Container Operations Course Conducted by PSA Institute
Coverage of Course:
- Specifications and Descriptions of Prime Movers
- Importance of Daily Checks
- Conducting Pre-Ops and Post Ops Checks
- Instruments and controls
- Operating Principles
- PSA Traffic/Safety Rules, Procedures and Systems
- Safety in PM Driving
- Communicating with other Operational Groups
- Twinlift and Cornerless Chassis Trailer (CST)
- PM Driving Under Manual Operations
- Interacting with the Prime Mover PC (PMPC)
- Stacking and off-loading containers
- Handle Containers in Port Areas
- Driving Without Chassis (Practical)
- Driving With Chassis (Practical)
- Driving With Container (Practical)
- Reversing with Container Under Guidance (Practical)
- Refuelling the PM
- Preparing the Vehicle for Handover
- The Workplace Safety and Health Act
II. Complete On-Job-Training (OJT) hours and the “Institute of Technical Education” (ITE) test 3 months later and the duration is seen below:
|Entry Qualification||For Class 3 Holders||For Class 4 and above Holders|
|Duration||10 hours Classroom||10 hours Classroom|
|102 hours Practical Driving||60 hours Practical Driving|
III. Future Career Prospects
- Attachment Training Mentor
- Prime Mover Foreman
- Deployment Supervisor
Earn Attractive Remuneration Above $3000 !!!
For more details on the Salary and working time, please contact our Mr Patrick at 8233 8124 for an interview to be scheduled.