Wharf Operations Supervisor
Performing the duties of a Wharf Operations Supervisor at PSA’s Container Terminals.
1) Compulsory Qualification:
- A pass in Secondary 2 English or ESS Level 5 in Literacy (Reading and Listening) and Numeracy or you are required to pass an English Assessment Test conducted by PSA Institute.
- Physically fit
- Age between 18 and not exceeding statutory retirement age and subject to annual medical review after the age of 65.
2) Compulsory training:
I. ISC in Wharf Operations Course Conducted by PSA Institute
- Hand Over / Take Over Duties, Pre- and Post- Operations Check
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Wharf Operations Supervisor
- Supervision of Workers involved in Ship Operations
- Handling Hatch Covers
- Selective Discharging / Loading
- Guiding SQC in Gantry Travel
- Changing QC Spreader
- Fixing / Removing OH Frame / Chains
- Types and Classifications of Containers
- Stowage, Identification and Numbering Systems
- Yard Layout and Address Systems
- Container Handling Equipment
- Lashing / Unlashing Systems
- Operations Documents
- WOSPC Operations
- Radio Communications
- Signalling for UC Operations
- Reefer Operations
- Vessel Berthing / Unberthing Operations
- Safety Requirements at Container Terminals
- Accident Case Studies
- On-Job-Training at Container Terminals
- The Workplace Safety and Health Act
II. Complete On-Job-Training (OJT) hours and take the “Institute of Technical Education” (ITE) test 3 months later and the duration is seen below:
|Entry Qualification||For Class 3 Holders|
|Duration||28 hours Classroom|
|49 hours Practical Driving|
Earn Attractive Remuneration Above $2600 !!!
For more details on the Salary and working time, please contact Mr Kalai at 83832942 for an interview to be scheduled.